THE DUAL-VALVED LITEAIRE® MDI HOLDING CHAMBER: COLLAPSIBLE, DISPOSABLE PAPERBOARD DESIGN.
The LiteAire® collapsible MDI holding chamber is a unique MDI holding chamber and an innovative alternative. LiteAire’s unique dual-valved MDI holding chamber design delivers pop-up convenience and effective drug output at a fraction of the cost of most plastic holding chambers. In many clinical settings, the LiteAire can reduce costs by replacing existing rigid plastic holding chambers or inefficient spacers with a paperboard alternative. The unique design allows the LiteAire to be reused by a patient over multiple doses and meets and often exceeds the performance of plastic holding chambers.
The LiteAire® delivers true value when used in:
For patients requiring the use of a holding chamber for immediate treatment; ideal for isolation room conditions.
Inpatient/Outpatient pulmonary Function Testing Labs
Clean, disposable, ready to use, designed to accept most pressurized metered dose inhalers (MDIs).
Short-term respiratory infections
A cost-effective treatment method that meets the short-term needs of patients with acute respiratory conditions.
Features and benefits
- Dual valved
- Labeled for one week's use
- Pop up to use
- Not made with natural latex
- Portable/stores flat
- Single patient use
- Compatible with commonly prescribed MDI's
Stores flat, pops up for use, and collapses for storage until reused or disposed. A 184cc Holding Chamber, a clear viewing window, both inhalation and exhalation valves and labeled for one week’s use.
Innovative Dual-Valved System
<p>LiteAire holding chamber volume is approximately 184 mL</p>
Use and Performance with Most MDIs
• The LiteAire enables the MDI drug particle sizes to remain concentrated toward the “respirable” 1-5 micron range
• May be used with most prescribed pMDI drugs
• MDI opening holds actuator firmly in an upright position
Savings are realized by matching each clinical application to a holding chamber meeting the needs of that use:
- Use plastic holding chambers where needed and the lower-cost LiteAire where it meets the clinical needs.
- The savings is achieved by selecting the LiteAire for each clinical use where appropriate and encouraging patient compliance.
Foss, S., White Paper- Total Dose Output for MDI, Thayer Medical, Tucson, AZ, April 2002